Examples of results obtained by Roda Law attorneys:
- A $24 million verdict against two national railroad companies for electrical burn injuries to two teenage boys.
- A $4 million settlement in a case involving electrical burns to a young, teenage boy outside a restaurant.
- A $15 million arbitration award for breach of contract by a national retailer.
- A $14 million settlement of a national class action for the partial refund of premiums for worker’s compensation policies.
Insurance Bad Faith
- A $6 million settlement of a case against a major life insurance company for bad faith in dealing with its policyholder.
- A $5.5 million verdict in an insurance bad faith case, at the time (1996) the largest verdict in the state in this type of case, and still one of the largest.
- $1 million or more in settlements of many insurance bad faith cases.
Motor Vehicle Accidents & Vehicle Design Defects
- An $11 million settlement with an automobile manufacturer for personal injuries to two girls because of the faulty design of an SUV.
- A $3 million verdict in a motor vehicle accident against the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, for improperly placing left turn indicators where the turning driver would not have sufficient sight distance.
Professional Negligence & Malpractice
- A $4 million settlement against the manufacturer of a catheter used to administered anesthesia to patients receiving treatment for kidney stones.
- A $3 million settlement for the negligent death of a newborn in a neonatal unit.
- A $3 million settlement for the negligent failure to diagnose cancer.
- A $1.5 million settlement for the negligent failure to diagnose fetal distress, leading to the death of the child.
- Successful representation of the City of Lancaster in a suit that resulted in the reassessment of all Lancaster County properties.
- Successful representation of the Borough of Columbia, Pennsylvania, and the owners of twelve properties, in a suit for damages caused by a sinkhole that resulted from a leaking water main.
- Headed all pre-trial preparations for the plaintiffs, and was the designated lead trial lawyer for the plaintiffs, in an antitrust class action against a major pharmaceutical company that settled in 2011 for $49 million.