Joseph F. Roda is the president of Roda Law LLC. He was born and raised in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and graduated in 1971 from Harvard University (magna cum laude) and in 1974 from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he and his partner won the school’s Keedy Cup Moot Court Championship.
After law school, Mr. Roda served a clerkship on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and then worked for five years in Philadelphia with Kohn, Savett, Marion & Graf, P.C., a nationally prominent litigation firm, before returning to Lancaster in 1980 to open his own firm.
- Mr. Roda has had an “AV” rating from Martindale Hubbell since 1980, the highest possible rating.
- Mr. Roda is listed in The Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Roda is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, which limits its membership to 1% of attorneys practicing in a state, and selects its members only upon nomination and review at the local, state, and national levels.
- Mr. Roda is also a fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, which limits its United States membership to 500 attorneys, and also selects its members only upon nomination and review at the local, state, and national levels.
- Mr. Roda has been named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine, based on a survey of 39,000 Pennsylvania attorneys who have practiced for at least five years, and were asked to name the best lawyers they had personally observed. A blue ribbon panel then reviewed each nominee’s reputation and professional record. Only the top 5% of attorneys in the state are so named. Mr. Roda has received this designation every year that the magazine has conducted this survey.
- Mr. Roda has also repeatedly been selected as a Pennsylvania Top 100 Lawyer in the Super Lawyers Surveys.
- In 2011, Mr. Roda was voted a Central Penn Lawyer of the Year by his peers, in a survey by Central Penn Business Journal.
- Mr. Roda was twice appointed by Governor Robert Casey to chair panels to evaluate candidates for judicial openings on the Lancaster County Court of Common Pleas.
- Mr. Roda has served in the House of Delegates of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and as a hearing officer for the Disciplinary Board of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Mr. Roda has written and lectured for many years throughout Pennsylvania, on trial practice, insurance bad faith, and effective advocacy.
For verdicts and settlements that Mr. Roda has obtained, visit our Case Results page.